Why does Verizion Wireless refuse to provide international data usage thatbthey charge for
accountable

I travel frequently outside of the United States.  Sometimes I pay for a Verizion International Data package.  In 2016 I was billed for more data than I thought I used, and more that the data manager app on my cell showed.  I asked Verizion for a detailed schedule showing the date, time and amount of data used.  I was disputing my bill, however, Verizion does not play fair.  They refused to provide the information.  I was forced to pay my bill even though it was in dispute.  If I did not pay what they billed they would shut off my cell service.

Verizion claimed that the billing detail was "propriety information" and I needed to get a subpoena or court order before they would release that data.  They claimed their "Technical Advisory Group" confirmed that my usage was correct.  The refused to identify who was on the Technical Advisory Group, their qualifications, and the specific audit procedures used to confirm my data usage was correct.

I spoke with Latoya C in Verizion Wireless Executive Relations.  I demanded the right to record our telephone conversations in view of the fact that they were recording our conversation.  They refused to continue that call, but agreed to call back without recording the call.  She called me back, and was not cooperative, refused to discuss the issue of proving the data usage, and I felt she was being disrespectful, so I ended the call, advising her I wanted no further contact with her, and I filed a small claims action. 

Verizion Wireless did not send a representative to court June 22, 2017.  After explaining my case and showing my records of data usage, I was awarded a default judgement In the amount of $283.49.  Verizion wireless made no attempt to contact me after the judgement date. On August 1, 2017 I made a demand by email to be paid in cash, certified check or bank check.  Verizion ignored my demand and credited my account for the balance due resulting in my account being overpaid.  To correct this Verizion Wireless then reversed the last three months of credit card payments.  I advised Verizion Wireless that this did not satisfy the judgement against them and if I did not receive cash, a certified check or bank check I was going to enforce collection agains them. 

Verizion Wireless is acting in an open and notorious corrupt way, demanding payment and refusing to document the validity their charges.  Verizion Wireless actions violate. their Code of Conduct (https://verizonwireless.alertline.com/clientInfo/714/CodeofConduct.pdf ). 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator 2

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizion Wireless refuse to provide international data usage thatbthey charge for
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was the extra large font necessary? This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizion Wireless refuse to provide international data usage thatbthey charge for
rcschnoor
Legend

accountable wrote:

I filed a small claims action. Verizion Wireless did not send a representative to court June 22, 2017. After explaining my case and showing my records of data usage, I was awarded a default judgement In the amount of $283.49. Verizion wireless made no attempt to contact me after the judgement date. On August 1, 2017 I made a demand by email to be paid in cash, certified check or bank check. Verizion ignored my demand and credited my account for the balance due resulting in my account being overpaid. To correct this Verizion Wireless then reversed the last three months of credit card payments. I advised Verizion Wireless that this did not satisfy the judgement against them and if I did not receive cash, a certified check or bank check I was going to enforce collection agains them.

I'm curious, you state you got a judgement of $283.49 and then "you" demanded to be paid in a specific manner. Did the "court order" make the same demand of payment being required in a specific manner? Simply because "you" wanted to be paid in a specific manner does not mean that Verizon has to follow those wishes if the "court order" does not make the same demand.

0 Likes
accountable

Good point.  The judgement says Verizion Wireless must pay me $283.49.  It does not say in US dollars, however that is understood and I am certain I can insist on cash.  Verizion had to pay and they should have paid soon after receiving the Notice of Judgement which was probably June 24,2017 I date I received my notice.  I wonder why Verizon did not immediately pay this judgement. I had to demand payment and more likely than not I could have hired a sheriff to collect my judgement from the cash register in a Verizion owned store.   

The really important point is Verizion Wireless refuses to provide auditable data that supports the amounts they bill and you, as a customer, must pay your bill or they shut off your service.  I had a valid dispute about the amount of data charged because I use an app, My Data Manager which keeps track of the data I am using when outside of the US.  Verizion was claiming I used 5 times the data my manager said I used.  The fact that Verizion threatens to shut off your account if you do not pay a disputed bill and refuses to provide documentation that supports the bill is an open and corrupt business practice, similar to gangster tactics.  I will be complaining to the FCC and asking the Attorney General in New York to invistigate Verizion's practices.

0 Likes
accountable

sorry if the big type bothers you.  I'm not an expert user and I originally typed using a note pad.

i kind the large type.  I do not need my glasses to read it.

0 Likes