Will I Be Charged If I Use Data Outside Of The United States?
Calroller

I am travelling in Central America and a friend there has suggested I can use the Whatssup app to communicate with her...if I use data while outside of the US do I get charged or is it covered under the regular monthly data?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data usage outside the us
Weth
Legend

If you don't have an international roaming plan, the data will be very expensive at $2,050 per GB.  You can turn on airplane mode and use free wifi to use WhatsApp for now cost. Or you can activate TravelPass for $10 per day on your Verizon account and use your regular plan while traveling -- if the country you are in is included on the TravelPass covered countries. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you don't have an international roaming plan, the data will be very expensive at $2,050 per GB.  You can turn on airplane mode and use free wifi to use WhatsApp for now cost. Or you can activate TravelPass for $10 per day on your Verizon account and use your regular plan while traveling -- if the country you are in is included on the TravelPass covered countries. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Calroller, traveling is such a great time. It's important to know your phone options. Select which specific areas you'll be traveling to in Central America. Here is a very helpful link that will answer your questions about rates for international travel: http://vz.to/1rO3vfy

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes