Will I Still Be Charged For Travel Pass If I Just Receive Texts?
JANFER36

With Travel Pass am I charged $10 for the day if I only receive a text but don't send one or make a call?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I signup for Travel Pass will I be charged $10 for the day if I only receive a text?
Weth
Legend

Receiving texts is not free and without an international plan like travel pass there is a 5 cent or 25 cent charge to receive a text.  Since you have travel pass on your account, it would be triggered and incoming text are then included with the $10 per day charge. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I signup for Travel Pass will I be charged $10 for the day if I only receive a text?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

Receiving texts is not free and without an international plan like travel pass there is a 5 cent or 25 cent charge to receive a text.  Since you have travel pass on your account, it would be triggered and incoming text are then included with the $10 per day charge. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JANFER36,

Help is here! We surely want for you to understand how TravelPass works. I hope that you have had a wonderful time while traveling! The community members are correct. You are charged for any incoming or outgoing usage. Please see this helpful link http://vz.to/2ekQBSA on everything about TravelPass. (You will look under the section that says “Travel Pass” & it is listed as #7 When am I charged for TravelPass?)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MrC50

but...  i recently took cruise from Venice to Greece...  appears to me that when i arrive at foreign airport, as soon as i turn on my device while in the airport i will receive the friendly "Welcome to ..." message prior to connecting to airport Wi-Fi thereby initiating the travel pass charges for that day even though i am trying to avoid charges for that day - suspect this is also true when i board the ship and turn on my device prior to connecting to the ship Wi-Fi...  tricky [or do i have it wrong?]

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes