Will I be charged for roaming if I purchase the international plan?
SCOTTHAY13

If I buy the international one month plan for $40, will I get charged for roaming at any time while in Italy. Don't want to come home to a huge surprise in my bill!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Roaming in Italy
Weth
Legend

No, you will not be charged for roaming as long as you are in the list of 140+ countries covered. If you use up all your minutes, or your text, or your data, you will get notified and the overages charges are $25 per each extra block of 100 MB of data, $0.25 per minute for phone calls and $0.25 per text sent. When we traveled, we went over on the data twice and get charged $25 for each 100 MB block, but I was notified by text and was not surprised.

Depending on how long your are traveling don't forget about TravelPass. $10 per day for only the days you use it. Since I went over on my data twice, when I travel again, I will likely go TravelPass since the week in Italy ended up costing $90 with 300 MB of data, I could have used TravelPass for 7 days for $70 and used much more data since it comes from my regular plan.

You can always get a local SIM, the cheapest option. But not convenient for those that need to contact you from home.

View solution in original post

Re: Roaming in Italy
Weth
Legend

No, you will not be charged for roaming as long as you are in the list of 140+ countries covered. If you use up all your minutes, or your text, or your data, you will get notified and the overages charges are $25 per each extra block of 100 MB of data, $0.25 per minute for phone calls and $0.25 per text sent. When we traveled, we went over on the data twice and get charged $25 for each 100 MB block, but I was notified by text and was not surprised.

Depending on how long your are traveling don't forget about TravelPass. $10 per day for only the days you use it. Since I went over on my data twice, when I travel again, I will likely go TravelPass since the week in Italy ended up costing $90 with 300 MB of data, I could have used TravelPass for 7 days for $70 and used much more data since it comes from my regular plan.

You can always get a local SIM, the cheapest option. But not convenient for those that need to contact you from home.