Will I be charged for usage on my iPhone while in Germany if I am under wifi?
Playdoe

Can I use my phone in Germany while under wifi to text messages to USA?

0 Likes
Re: Will I be charged for usage on my iPhone while in Germany if I am under wifi?
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

If you are using an application that uses wifi to send the message, no. But, if you are using text messaging through your standard application, then yes. So if you use FaceBook Messenger, or Hangouts, or something like that, then it will use the wifi to send the message.

I would recommend turning off cellular data while your there to avoid any accidental usage if your goal is to not pay for international services.

0 Likes
Re: Will I be charged for usage on my iPhone while in Germany if I am under wifi?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And by turning off cellular data, that would mean keeping the phone in Airplane mode and then turning on Wi-Fi when you are near a wireless hotspot.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you're able to use your phone while traveling without large charges, Playdoe. You can use your phone on WiFi to avoid Verizon data charges while traveling. WiFi would cover any data usage. We would recommend turning off cellular data to avoid any Verizon charges. To avoid all Verizon charges, please keep the phone in Aireplane mode while traveling. You can learn more about international options here, http://spr.ly/6589Diujd.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes