Will I be charged the $10 daily fee in Jamaica if I use iMessage to text back and forth to the US?
DMETHENY1975

Will I be charged the daily $10 international fee for Jamaica if I send iMessages back and forth to the US while on vacation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will I be charged the $10 daily fee in Jamaica if I use iMessage to text back and forth to the US?
Weth
Legend

If you are only using wifi, there is no charge. 

The safest way to do that is to turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi. 

If if you have a newer iPhone (6 and above) go to settings/phone and turn on wifi callIng.  Then on wifi you can send iMessages, regular SMS text, and make phone call to and from the US at no charge all through wifi. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will I be charged the $10 daily fee in Jamaica if I use iMessage to text back and forth to the US?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are using cellular data and not wifi, yes.

0 Likes
DMETHENY1975

I have cellular data turned off and am only using wifi.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you are only using wifi, there is no charge. 

The safest way to do that is to turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi. 

If if you have a newer iPhone (6 and above) go to settings/phone and turn on wifi callIng.  Then on wifi you can send iMessages, regular SMS text, and make phone call to and from the US at no charge all through wifi. 

0 Likes