Will I incur roaming charges with the $25 plan?
KRISGAV

I'm going to the Dominican for a week.  If I sign up for the $25 per month international plan will I get charged for any roaming while my phone stays on?  Anything in settings I need to change?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Roaming charges with $25 plan?
rcschnoor
Legend

You may not have roaming charges, but with this plan it could be VERY easy to rack up overage charges.

Each text you send will be $0.50 and if you send group texts, it is $0.50 for EACH recipient. You will also be paying $1.79/minute for any calls(local OR back to the states). Lastly, the $25 monthly fee includes 100 MB of data. Any overages will be charged ANOTHER $25 for each 100 MB you are over that initial amount. You use 399 MB total data and you will have the monthly charge of $25 and 3 overage charges of $25 each for a total of $75 in overages. Best thing to do would be to keep your phone turned off when you are not actively using it as background data use could lead to a VERY expensive bill for your trip.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You may not have roaming charges, but with this plan it could be VERY easy to rack up overage charges.

Each text you send will be $0.50 and if you send group texts, it is $0.50 for EACH recipient. You will also be paying $1.79/minute for any calls(local OR back to the states). Lastly, the $25 monthly fee includes 100 MB of data. Any overages will be charged ANOTHER $25 for each 100 MB you are over that initial amount. You use 399 MB total data and you will have the monthly charge of $25 and 3 overage charges of $25 each for a total of $75 in overages. Best thing to do would be to keep your phone turned off when you are not actively using it as background data use could lead to a VERY expensive bill for your trip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRISGAV,

The Dominican sounds great right about now. Thank you for asking a great question. I'll be happy to help. If you sign up for the $25/Month for the Dominican Republic, here are the charges:

$1.79/minute.

$0.50/sent messages. 

$0.05/incoming messages.

$0.25/MMS message sent.

$0.25/MMS message received.

100 MB data allowance.

Overages:

$25.00 per 100  MB.

Check out this link for the details with more options: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/.

What is the make and model of your device?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes