Will texting while in Jamaica be covered?
leahtoo

I am visiting Jamaica.  The resort has wifi.   Is texting while in Jamaica covered?  What about over the wifi or wifi calling from the resort?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is texting jamaica included in my unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

leahtoo

We want to make sure that you stay connected while you're internationally traveling in Jamaica. The Wi-Fi Calling feature is available at no additional charge, and is included in your existing monthly voice plan. However, an international call will be billed at the roaming rate of $1.79 per minute for that country. A Wi-Fi Calling icon will appear on your screen during the call to confirm that it is using Wi-Fi to connect it. If the call is using the Verizon or a roaming network, standard voice charges apply.

Will you be traveling on a cruise ship? If so, please be advised that the cruise ship rate for placing/receiving calls is $2.99 per minute. 

Click the link below to access the Trip Planner which will allow you to choose the best plan for your wireless needs when internationally traveling in Jamaica. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
leahtoo

what about texting?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, Leahtoo. International Pay As You Go rates for texts in Jamaica are $0.50 to send both SMS and MMS Messages, $0.05 to receive SMS messages, and $0.25 to receive MMS messages. PeterP_VZW

0 Likes