just returned from Mexico. my phone was roaming alot. am I in for a huge bill?
lindad5

I just returned from Mexico. my phone was roaming a lot. Am I in for a huge bill??

0 Likes
Re: just returned from Mexico. my phone was roaming alot. am I in for a huge bill?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: just returned from Mexico. my phone was roaming alot. am I in for a huge bill?
rcschnoor
Legend

It's not that your phone was roaming "a lot", but that it was roaming the ENTIRE time you were in Mexico. Verizon does not have service in Mexico. Verizon has roaming agreements with cellular providers in Mexico and that is why you are able to use your Verizon phone while in Mexico.

It appears you did not inquire about the cost of service while traveling abroad and left your phone on while doing so. Yes, you may be in for a "huge bill". Some plans have service in Mexico included with the plan. Others do not.

Since it appears you did not look into an international plan for your device before you travelled, if service in Mexico is not included with your plan the price for service while in Mexico would be as follows:

Mexico

International Pay As You Go

• Pay only when you use your device.

Only pay for what you use on your international trip.   Use Wi-Fi where available.

Mexico
$0.99/minute

$0.50/message sent
$0.05/message received
$0.25/MMS message sent
$0.25/MMS message received
$0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want you to have a higher bill than normal. I would be concerned if I were charged an additional amount for service. With regard to the did you have an international plan added to your account? What kind of plan do you currently have?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes