"There are restrictions on this line" Announcement 24. Living in Guatemala
VenturaDon

I travel to Guatemala frequently and stay for 2-3 months at a time.  I've had no problems in the past using Skype to call my Verizon number and checking my voice mails.  Just bought an unlocked Moto G7 in the States (Best Buy) a couple weeks ago, used it with no problems, and returned here to Guatemala a couple days ago. But when I used Skype (like always) to check my vm, I get the recorded msg "This call can not be completed because there are restrictions on this line. Announcement 24".  I have a prepaid account, autopay, and am current.  We also use an iPhone 5 and a Moto G4 here. I've kept the iPhone5 SIM card with a local carrier (Tigo) and the G4 SIM with Tuenti. The new G7 has my Verizon SIM.  I tried all 3 phones without success - suggestions??  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "There are restrictions on this line" Announcement 24. Living in Guatemala
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VenturaDon, what an exciting place to be visiting. We know how important it is to have access to your service, especially while travelling internationally. I would just like to clarify a few things. You mentioned that you tried three different phones with local carriers and none of them are able to reach your Verizon prepaid line, correct?  Are you using Skype on each of those devices to call your Verizon prepaid number? Have you tried calling the number another way (besides Skype)? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
AKMatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've repeatedly had this problem over the last year while traveling throughout Europe.

Usually, I've had to call Global Roaming Support, had them open up a network repair ticket after 60-90 minutes of diagnostics, and then it gets fixed... for a few weeks or months, then I have to repeat it.

0 Likes
Debbie771

Have them check for child restrictions on the line.  This happened to us when a tech was changing our plan.  We didn't realize it till weeks later when new changes kicked in.  It took a couple of long calls with Verizon to figure out the issue.

Apparently child settings only allows the line to call or text a preset of 20 phone numbers.

0 Likes
DONOTUSEverizon

Here in Verizon.....Prepaid customer are giving dirtty service. We are sorry to see suffer but if you don’t have enough money to buy one of the platinum VZN phone plane  your calls for help will continue to be ignored.... The  forum is a time-wasting platform provided to help share your continuous frustration with our unlimited talk and texting issues... just a taught... check other plans out there... and happy 2020

0 Likes