what roaming settings should i use with a limited international data plan for europe?
SACCOGOLD

What is the best setting for roaming with a limited international data plan for travel in europe with a galaxy s5?

0 Likes
Re: what roaming settings should i use with a limited international data plan for europe?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to go over phone settings with you. What is the make and model of your phone?

0 Likes
Re: what roaming settings should i use with a limited international data plan for europe?
Steve_

I have the same question.  I have a galaxy S6.  I seems that Verizon want at least $10/day.  There has to be a better way for a month long trip.

What can I do for the least amount of money?  I will have access to WiFi most of the time.  I will want to communicate over WIFI within the country

What settings can I use to turn off usage that will cost me?  What kind of texts can be sent on WIFI?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also consider purchasing a prepaid SIM card from the local carrier for your trip and it would cost less than any international plan offered by Verizon Wireless. You would have different phone number with the prepaid SIM card.

The other option is place the phone in Airplane mode for the entire trip and use wifi only. Verizon Messages does allow text messages to send and receive over wifi. There might be other apps that offer a similar function.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes