with Travel Pass, can I use Wi-Fi while still in Airplane Mode?
ROBSPI99

Using Travel Pass in Europe, I want to stay in Airplane Mode to avoid charges unless I need to call.  But is there any way I can access Wi-Fi while still in Airplane Mode?

0 Likes
Re: with Travel Pass, can I use Wi-Fi while still in Airplane Mode?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone/device do you have?  On my Droid Turbo 2, setting Airplane Mode ON disables Wi-Fi.

Update: it DOES allow me to turn Wi-Fi ON after Airplane Mode ENABLED.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can easily turn on Wi-Fi while in Airplane mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Joe Vallender wrote:

What make/model phone/device do you have? On my Droid Turbo 2, setting Airplane Mode ON disables Wi-Fi.

Update: it DOES allow me to turn Wi-Fi ON after Airplane Mode ENABLED.

I'm fairly certain my Droid Eris circa 2009 could use Wi-Fi while in Airplane mode. In fact, you can also turn on the Bluetooth while in Airplane mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members, Ann154. 

@ROBSPI99,

I understand how important it is to be able to use your phone while traveling in Europe, and not have to worry about incurring any extra charges. As Ann154 mentioned, you can use WiFi while you have the phone on Air Plane mode.

What phone do you have? Where you able to enable WiFi on your phone while on Airplane mode? 

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBSPI99

Yes, thank you; wifi works even in Airplane Mode on my Samsung J-3. I

appreciate your help.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 12:11 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes