connect amazon echo dot to verizon actiontec MI424R wireless router
rny1vzn

folks,

has anyone been able to connect an Echo Dot to Actiontec router?. is the Actiontec a dual-band router? or do i need a different device? the Dot does see the router during setup, but does not connect.

what am i doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: connect amazon echo dot to verizon actiontec MI424R wireless router
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably have already been through this, but you have to initially use the Alexa app on a wireless device (tablet, smart phone - probably laptop) to set up the Dot (or any of the Echo devices). I always use my phone. The procedure starts by setting up a private wireless network between the new Dot and your phone (or whatever you use). That lets the phone transfer the information (including password) about the wireless network of your choice.

Probably mentioning something you already knew with that whole glowy orange ring thing, but never hurts to double check I figure.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@rny1vzn wrote:

folks,

has anyone been able to connect an Echo Dot to Actiontec router?. is the Actiontec a dual-band router? or do i need a different device? the Dot does see the router during setup, but does not connect.

what am i doing wrong?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994280

The specs say it is capable of wireless which is what is necessary for the echo to be enabled on your network. Follow the instructions I gave you on the top link.

https://www.actiontec.com/products/wifi-routers-gateways/fiber/bhr-rev-i/

The link above this line is just the spec sheet for the router.

0 Likes
rny1vzn

excellent sir - i will try this tonite after work - thanks for the response

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

my pleasure !

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably have already been through this, but you have to initially use the Alexa app on a wireless device (tablet, smart phone - probably laptop) to set up the Dot (or any of the Echo devices). I always use my phone. The procedure starts by setting up a private wireless network between the new Dot and your phone (or whatever you use). That lets the phone transfer the information (including password) about the wireless network of your choice.

Probably mentioning something you already knew with that whole glowy orange ring thing, but never hurts to double check I figure.