6620L
dbar0828

After 2 trips to Verizon store I got my jetpack working and have it connected to a security camera in a barn, how do I connect to it with my smartphone to monitor activity well I'm out of town , I have some mares going to foal and want to keep eye on them

0 Likes
Re: 6620L
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Wireless Jetpack uses a private IP address through the Verizon Wireless NAT firewall. In order to remote access it you need to setup a VPN service that the Jetpack logs into and then you can access it from a device not connected to the Jetpack's Wi-Fi network. The other option is to purchase a public IP address from Verizon Wireless, but that is only available to business customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: 6620L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbar0828,

I certainly understand wanting to make sure you can keep an eye on that camera while out of town. That's a big part of why we get security cameras. Connecting to that jetpack directly would require you to be in the same location. Depending on the security camera you are using though there may have an option to view it remotely. That will depend on the camera. For options to do so I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of this camera. 

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes