7730L "slow charge" repeated beep/message
xyloweb

When I charge my 7730L from a 12V source, I repeatedly get a "slow charge" beep and message (sometimes every 10 seconds).
I am using a 2.1 amp cigarette lighter charger.
There is no way to turn off the beep for this particular message, so I have to turn off *all* audio alerts.

Also, even with the display turned off, the message activates the display, so the display is always on (very annoying at night).

This seems like a programming bug - can anyone else replicate this problem?

Here is the complete message:

"Slow Charging: To charge faster, use the original charger."

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 7730L "slow charge" repeated beep/message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the suggestion John_Getzke. xyloweb, it is important to get adequate charge when you are on the go. We want to do everything we can to get to the bottom of the slow charging when using the car charger. Have you tried using a different adapter in the cigarette lighter port? What happens when you charge using the wall outlet?

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
xyloweb

I have tried two different 12v chargers, with the same result.

I don't have this problem when using the original charger, or when charging from my laptop.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Interesting case you presented here. It does seem like a feature that is programmed into the Jetpack.  I'd give VZW a call or chat on this one to see what they can find out.  They may have to contact the hardware vendor with or on your behalf to get the answer you seek.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the suggestion John_Getzke. xyloweb, it is important to get adequate charge when you are on the go. We want to do everything we can to get to the bottom of the slow charging when using the car charger. Have you tried using a different adapter in the cigarette lighter port? What happens when you charge using the wall outlet?

La’SindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xyloweb

After further testing, I found that this problem was caused by the combination of these two things:

(1) The USB outlet was flaky and was making this device thinking it was being plugged in and unplugged every 5 or 10 seconds.

(2) This was exacerbated by the fact that the 7730L has no way to turn off audio for the "slow charge" message, even though *every* other audio message can be turned off.

This seems to be programming oversight, and in this case, extremely frustrating,

0 Likes
Moonshine127

Yes. I have the exact same thing. I'm not using a car charger. I'm using an iPhone charger. I don't want to travel with that oversized charger that came with the device, but I guess I have to do that or suffer the incessant, annoying beeps. What a braindead program.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a good charge without that beeping noise is important, Moonshine127. We're here to help with some alternate solutions. While an iPhone charger isn't designed to work with this device, there are compatible accessories available that will work. Here's a link to those accessories: http://spr.ly/65868oiNy

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
Moonshine127

Oh, I have the charger that came with it alright. I just didn't bring it with me on my first trip out of state. Because it's clunky. And heavy. And I like to travel as light as possible. But, now I know to leave my iPhone charging brick at home and bring the big black one. That's heavy. In fact with my old MiFi I never even used a brick at all. I just plugged it in to my laptop to charge it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moonshine127,

Making sure that you have the equipment that you need on every trip is important. Please let us know if we can help you in any way. We are happy to accommodate you if we can.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cronus7

Yes, this behavior is extremely annoying.  I wish I could always quick charge, but sometimes the only charger I have available is a slower one and I don't want the phone beeping at me every ten seconds to remind me that the charging is slow.  What the OP is asking for is that we be able to disable that alert individually like we can for so many of the other alerts.  Instead we have to disable ALL audio alerts, including the important ones.

0 Likes