7730l audio alerts/beeps
LEOWOO76

Does or does not the mifi 7730 support audio alerts (beeps). Even though the 7730 and 7730 admin allows you to turn on and off several beeps I do not get any alerts or beeps when enabled. Went to 2 verizon and stores and they never heard of the device producing sounds. Even the 2 they had on display did not produce a sound. Talked to Novotel and they said yes they produce sound and that mine had a hardware problem and to exchange it. I have seen references where people mentioned beeps. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: 7730l audio alerts/beeps
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

See page 55 of the 7730 User Guide:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Mifi/userguide/verizon-jetpack-mifi-7730l-ug....

Quoted from that page:

allow you to make device changes such as setting Audio Alerts, Screen Timeout and Sleep Mode intervals, selecting Network Technology, turning Airplane and Stealth Mode ON/OFF, and resetting your Jetpack to the original factory settings.

On the Jetpack Display

• Power on your Jetpack by pressing and holding the power button until the display lights and the Home screen displays.

• Tap Menu to display Menu options.

• Select Settings to display the Settings options.

• Select the Audio Alerts to display Audio Alerts options.

0 Likes
        LEOWOO76

John,

First thanks for responding. I have tried setting and resetting all those device parameters many times for audio alerts and matter what I do I never get any beeps. As I stated I went to 2 verizon stores and mentioned audio beep they responded with 7730l doesn't have audio. Showed them where audio alerts were on the 7730l. Also they checked and were not able to beeps from the ones they have on display. I assume you have a 7730l and are getting beeps as expected. I am really at a loss. Thanks again. Leonard

0 Likes
        John_Getzke
        Champion - Level 1

I did have a few 7730's in hand at one point but they have all been loaned out.  When one returns I'll give it a shot and see if I can enable the sound feature as described in the user manual.

While we wait you can try talking to a VZW chat rep and see if they can dig up any other info for you on this subject.  At least they should be able to confirm if the feature is possible or not.  Sometimes Jetpacks publish features that do not actually work.  This has historically been the issue with port forwarding on the VZW network and its NAT firewall configuration.  The features are there on the devices, but the firewall blocks them from working unless the NAT is removed with a static IP first.

0 Likes