8800L jet pack
motoe001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use wire cable between 8800L jet pack and my windows 10.  I do not use jetpack for anything else.  I plug cable into windows 10 usb and other end into 8800L jet pack after turning on my windows 10.  About a minute later jet pack suggests I click to connect to internet. I do not use my wifi.   Wifi is turned off.   It use to be I would see my neighbors laptop names.  I few days ago somehow I only see my connected below name with 15 letters, capitalized or not and numbers and spaces.  

Question:  How to I replace below showing I guess my user 8800L name with my choice of letters, capitalized or not and numbers?

Thanks

what I see and want to change

0 Likes
Re: 8800L jet pack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, motoe001. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need with this setting. We are sending you a Private Note to get started. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
motoe001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received your private note.  It is Sunday morning and I still have a problem.

I go to Mobile hotspot choice.

1 -Share my internet connection with other devices is OFF.  Should it me on I am using my 8800L jet pack and that is all I am using it with and wired to jet pack?

2 - Share my Internet connection from is not showing same as Network name.  Should it? or Not?

I would like to change password but thought I would wait until 1 & 2 above are answered.

3 - When I go to icon in lower right what looks like a television screen and click on it I see code/ID in #1 above.  I want to change it.

Thanks and have nice Sunday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your jetpack device, motoe001. We'd like to work together to get to the bottom of this. Just to confirm, what happens when you follow the steps to connect with a tethered modem connection? You can find the steps for this here, http://spr.ly/6607KFaL7. -Danielle

0 Likes
motoe001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had some great help with a phone call to a Verizon support agent in Florida a couple of days ago.

Another question.  I save my ID's and related password in a file.  I made a change to my.jetpack password using 20 capitalized, no caps with numbers provided by clicking on change password. 

Problem is I cannot log into my.jetpack using Verizon provided 20 character password.  I have to use a previous password having only 8 characters.  Since I do not have enter each character like no way I am going to remember 20 mixed characters unless I do a copy and paste like I do how do I change current 8 character password to 20?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

motoe001 I of all people understand how difficult that can be. Are you able to select forgot password which will then allow you to change it? If you are able to do that, you can then set the password to whatever you like.-Dolores

0 Likes