8800l patch 2A problem
Prestonpig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using an 8800L (prepaid unlimited) for home internet for some time with few issues. Immediately after the 2A update installed last week, the device started crashing and losing wireless connection as soon as battery charge reached 100%, and it must be unplugged and restarted to make it function again. For almost two years, I have left it plugged in all the time, as it is in a spot that's inconvenient to get to, because it gets better reception. Once it's restarted, it works fine until I replug the cord and it gets to 100%, then loss of signal and crash. I have not been able to find any talk of this in my searches. Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I have to figure out how to get help from Verizon directly?

0 Likes
Re: 8800l patch 2A problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are disheartened to hear that you are having this experience with your jetpack.We are here to help. A Private Note will be sent with instructions.  BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Prestonpig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I performed the reset as suggested, and the unit rebooted fine – still showing that it was running on the 2A software though. Everything worked fine at 100% charge for a couple hours (after I restored my old settings), but then it failed again – loss of cellular connection and unable to find the signal.. The only way to get it functioning once more was to unplug and restart. As soon as I plugged it in again, it failed again. I would have to say that this attempt at a fix was not successful.

0 Likes
DaleWilliam

I am having the same problem.  I have two 8800’s and both are having issues since the patch install.

0 Likes