API to check battery level of hotspot
dsabol

Is there a way for a device to check the battery level of the jetpack hotspot?

I know I can see the battery level by going to my.jetpack, but I need to check the battery level programmatically.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: API to check battery level of hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, dsabol. Our Jetpacks are consumer level equipment. They do not have the capability to perform in the way you are describing. If a Jetpack powers off, you will need to use the physical power button to turn it back on. Does that help clarify things for you?

ChristopherM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's an interesting question, dsabol. What specific model Jetpack do you have? Is there a particular reason on why you want to do this pro-grammatically? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
dsabol

Hi,

It is the MHS900L, firmware version 4.1.4.1-36042.

What I'd really like is to be able to configure the device so that if it dies, once power is applied so the battery is charging it turns on automatically, but I haven't seen a way to do this, so my next best option is to monitor the battery level.

I am placing the hotspot inside of a machine which is hard to get into.. I want to be able to either have the device turn on automatically once it has power again after it has died, or to be able to monitor the battery level so that if the system loses power (normally the hotspot is plugged in so it will always be charged) I can see that the battery level is dropping so that I can be alerted that it has lost power.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, dsabol. Our Jetpacks are consumer level equipment. They do not have the capability to perform in the way you are describing. If a Jetpack powers off, you will need to use the physical power button to turn it back on. Does that help clarify things for you?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
dsabol

Yes, it does.. thank you.

Do you know if Verizon sells any hotspots that do have this functionality?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize, but we do not have any information about Jetpack’s having that type of functionality, dsabol. All of the Jetpacks that we sell along with the features and capabilities can be found on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/. The most advanced model is the 5G model. Does this help?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes