Apple AirPort Extreme compatible with Jetpack 6620L?
AGERMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the AirPort Extreme functional with my Jetpack?

0 Likes
Re: Apple AirPort Extreme compatible with Jetpack 6620L?
mama23dogs
Legend

Does jet pack have Ethernet port?  

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Check with Apple on this one.  Since Jetpacks do not come with a an Ethernet cable port you would need the AirPort to complete what is know as a "wireless bridge" connection.  If the AirPort can function in this way then the two can be used together.  As far as the Jetpack is concerned in this scenario the AirPort is just another wireless device, no extra configuration necessary.

Without a wireless bridge mode (where the AirPort connects wirelessly to the Jetpack) you would need a 3rd device to convert the WiFi signal from the Jetpack into an Ethernet cabled connection.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I own apple routers.  (base station, express and extreme)  They require a wired Ethernet connection to a modem.  Some mifi devices do have Ethernet ports.  Without one NO and Apple router will not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AGERMAN, we know how important it is to stay connected with all of your various equipment. The 6620L jetpack supports Type A USB tethering and Wi-Fi. I understand that you're looking to connect this device with an Apple Airport Extreme. I would recommend speaking with Apple to see if it will be able to connect with either of these two options the jetpack offers. There is not an ethernet port on this model.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes