Are these jetpacks throttled back after 15gb?
GATORNATION66
Enthusiast - Level 1

How's it going. I recently found out that our hotspot is throttled back after 15gb. So I contacted customer support and asked if the jetpack had a cap. The rep told me that it was a connected device and that it wouldn't be slowed down. Today I check my data and see that my data is going up on the device. Is it just a glitch or are these jetpacks throttled back after 15gb?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any confusion, or miscommunication. The Jetpack, if on an unlimited data plan, will have a limit of 4G data. After 15GB of mobile hotspot on Unlimited plan, your data speeds will be reduced to 3G speeds. You can find all details by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any confusion, or miscommunication. The Jetpack, if on an unlimited data plan, will have a limit of 4G data. After 15GB of mobile hotspot on Unlimited plan, your data speeds will be reduced to 3G speeds. You can find all details by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Greeneakers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have the unlimited Verizon plan. My question is, do I get 15gb of hot spot per device on that plan or only 15gb for the entire plan that can be used before it slows?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greeneakers, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are here to assist. Each line will receive the 15GB of additional Hotspot data. Does this help? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Liam66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the old "Unlimited Pre-paid" plan that I was grandfathered in on. My plan is supposed to be no throttling. Now I can't even get a decent signal(-104 dBm). Seems like Verizon is doing things to "weed out" the old unlimited plans.