Can I leave my new jetpack plugged in all of the time or should it be unplugged when it finishes charging?
MARYBORDO

Can I leave my new jetpack plugged in all of the time or should it be unplugged when it finishes charging? The technician in the store said I could leave it plugged in, but I get a message on the screen when it's fully charged, telling me to unplug the power cord .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HotSpot power cord
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Can I leave my new jetpack plugged in all of the time or should it be unplugged when it finishes charging?

Lithium-Ion battery maintenance best practices would apply to the Jetpack just like anything else operating from a similar battery that you may own.

The Jetpack will continue to function when plugged in all the time to the best of its abilities.  However, Jetpacks are also sensitive to heat given off from the battery in frequent use.  You may find overtime the Jetpacks performance will begin to decay faster than you expect.  A best practice we preach is to only power on the Jetpack when it is needed and shut it down when you are done. This concept would apply to charging as well, only charge it when it is needed and let the device rest when not in active use.

If the goal is to use a Verizon device as a 24x7 connection then Verizon has better options for you such as USB modems and home router combos, 4G LTE Home Router and LTE Internet Installed systems.  Any of these choices are better suited to a typical 24x7 home use scenario you may be trying to address with your Jetpack.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do recommend unplugging the device after it has completed charging. However, you are able to leave the device plugged in as well.

TabithaJ _VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Can I leave my new jetpack plugged in all of the time or should it be unplugged when it finishes charging?

Lithium-Ion battery maintenance best practices would apply to the Jetpack just like anything else operating from a similar battery that you may own.

The Jetpack will continue to function when plugged in all the time to the best of its abilities.  However, Jetpacks are also sensitive to heat given off from the battery in frequent use.  You may find overtime the Jetpacks performance will begin to decay faster than you expect.  A best practice we preach is to only power on the Jetpack when it is needed and shut it down when you are done. This concept would apply to charging as well, only charge it when it is needed and let the device rest when not in active use.

If the goal is to use a Verizon device as a 24x7 connection then Verizon has better options for you such as USB modems and home router combos, 4G LTE Home Router and LTE Internet Installed systems.  Any of these choices are better suited to a typical 24x7 home use scenario you may be trying to address with your Jetpack.

Newyears

On the ellipsis jetpacks you could remove battery and plug in power cord and it worked.  I guess the Orbit jetpacks will not allow this?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes