Can I use my Verizon Jetpack to connect my desktop computer to the internet?
jodach

Can I use my Verizon Jetpack to connect my desktop computer to the internet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my Verizon Jetpack to connect my desktop computer to the internet?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks are wireless only devices by default.  Some have USB tethering options available to them.  To confirm you would have to share your specific Jetpack model number with us.

If your Desktop does not have a wireless adapter and the Jetpack does not have USB tethering then you would need to purchase and configure a wireless bridge to convert the Jetpacks WiFi signal into a normal Ethernet cable that your Desktop can connect to.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I use my Verizon Jetpack to connect my desktop computer to the internet?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks are wireless only devices by default.  Some have USB tethering options available to them.  To confirm you would have to share your specific Jetpack model number with us.

If your Desktop does not have a wireless adapter and the Jetpack does not have USB tethering then you would need to purchase and configure a wireless bridge to convert the Jetpacks WiFi signal into a normal Ethernet cable that your Desktop can connect to.

Weth
Legend

Only other thing I can advise is you can get a cheap USB wifi adapter for as little as $10. You could keep it plugged in, or only plug it in when you need to connect the jetpack through wifi.