Can a user switch a mifi 7730 between 3g & 4g
rdc
Enthusiast - Level 2

We run out of data and get slow every month.  With two users  just browsing these days uses amazing amounts of data. Web sites often play videos whether you want to see them or not.  Would be great if we could toggle back to 3G until we really need 4g

0 Likes
Re: Can a user switch a mifi 7730 between 3g & 4g
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if you could, that option won't last forever as Verizon continues to switches the 3G frequencies to broadcast as 4G LTE instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdc,

I definitely know the importance of conserving your data throughout your bill cycle. I welcome the opportunity to assist. You can go into my.jetpack/networks to access the admin settings for your jetpack. Under the Advanced tab, you can typically change the preferred network from Global to a LTE or CDMA option. If there is no CDMA only option, you will only get CDMA when LTE is not available. I do not recommend changing the APN in order to get 3G only (as we wont provide a 3G APN) unless you make sure you save the LTE APN name for when 4G speeds are desired.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks usually do have a feature that allows them to switch the cellular technology they are connected to.  In previous models uses could select Global, LTE Only, CDMA only or a few other options.  Selecting something other than 4G LTE would effectively disable that technology on the Jetpack until reconfigured.  I had a few instances where I had to walk folks through checking and reconfiguring this setting.

See the User Guide on page 75 for steps and info:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Mifi/userguide/verizon-jetpack-mifi-7730l-ug....

You should  be able to configure your Jetpack into CDMA only mode to force it down to 3G speeds in the preferred network technology area.

0 Likes