Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Cancel Contract
BARSKY48

My contract doesn’t expire until June 2019. How much will it cost me to cancel?

0 Likes
Re: Cancel Contract
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BARSKY48. We will need to access your account to give you an accurate answer to this question. Please send us a Private Message, so that we may assist you. You may also follow and DM us on Twitter, or Private Message us on Facebook. 

0 Likes
BARSKY48

How much would it cost to cancel my contract. My number is [removed]. Thank you.

Bobbi

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you over a situation like this, BARSKY48. We value your loyalty, please meet us in a Private Message, so we can see what we can do for you.

CecileC_VZW

f my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

BARSKY48 wrote:

My contract doesn’t expire until June 2019. How much will it cost me to cancel?

That would have meant you got contract in Jun 2017 which is impossible as Verizon stopped 2 year contracts in Jan 2017 except for business accounts. Do you mean Device payment? If so then pay off the balance of the device payment,

0 Likes
BARSKY48

My account was activated 6/14/17 and it says my contract end date is 6/14/19. Account #0273344856-00001. It is not a business account. It is personal. What are my options?

Bobbi

[removed]

0 Likes
RepresentativePointOf

For security purposes I wouldn't advise putting your entire account number on here, unless you're privately messaging a Verizon rep. & if your device is on a contract and you decide to disconnect your line before the contract end date, there will be an Early Termination Fee you will have to pay for, in addition to your last bill. The ETF is determined by how long you have left on your contract, the closer you are to the contract end date, the less the ETF will be.

0 Likes
BARSKY48

This doesn’t resolve the issue. In the last email it was stated that Verizon stopped 2 year contracts in January 2017. Why do I have a 2 year contract?  I have been ripped of from the beginning. Bad contract and the worst service. Now what. You are going to ignore the length of the contract issue?

Bobbi

[removed]

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There are 2 types of contracts with Verizon, a service contract and a device payment contract.

If you are talking about a 2 yr service contract your customer agreement states the following:

"If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of the contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If you cancel service, you may have to immediately pay off the remaining balance on any device agreement."

This would give you an ETF for EACH line on your account which was under contract. For contracts which would be completed in June of 2019, that would give you a current ETF of $310 for each line you cancel. That would work out to the ETF remaining at $350 thru December of 2018 and drop by $10/month for January, February, March & April.

If you simply have a device payment contract, all you would have to do is pay off the device(s) which still have a balance.

0 Likes
BARSKY48

So even though Verizon stopped doing 2 year contracts 6 months before I was pushed into a contract I am stuck with it?

Bobbi [removed]

Sent from my iPhone

Last name removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes