Connecting to PS4 problems with jet pack 6620L
BONCOL4

I used to be able to connect my jet pack 6620L to my PS4, however now I am not able to. I have tried several different ways including manual connect. What do I need to do?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to PS4 problems with jet pack 6620L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Confirm the error message for us.  Either from the PS4 or the Jetpack. 

I would assume your PS4 doesn't like the password or forgot the password to your Jetpack.  You can reset the profile for your Jetpack on the PS4 and reenter it or reset the defaults on the Jetpack and create a new profile on the PS4.  Another way to test connectivity is to temporarily disable the password.  Then you can rule out any security related problems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONCOL4

Don't give up. What changed recently? Did you update the software on your Jetpack device or the PS4? 

For more device support for the Jetpack 6620L: 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BONCOL4

The error message says this: A DNS server is not set, and that I need to verify the primary and secondary DNS. Or the system may not have obtained an IP address yet. (NW-31246-6).

Im not sure how to find the primary or secondary DNS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONCOL4, being able to connect your Jetpack to your PS4 as needed is vital, and we’re here to help get you back on track. In order for us to provide the best support to suit your needs, we’ll need to ask a few questions to make sure we have a full understanding of the given situation. Can you tell us when was the last time that you were able to connect these two devices successfully? How’s the Jetpack's connectivity with any other devices besides the PS4? Do you come across this error message while using any other devices?

Samantha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BONCOL4

The last time I was able to connect the two was around September. We connected both devices in order to make updates and watch Netflix. We stopped watching Netflix for awhile and therefore did not bother connecting the PS4 to the jet pack until we tried again this past spring. Since trying to connect the two the past few months we have had no luck. We’ve tried manually connecting as well as using the WPS. When using WPS the jet pack says that the code the PS4 gives is invalid for some reason. Most of the time the jet pack connects to other devices fine, though sometimes my husband has trouble connecting with his Mac. We have not had this error message with other devices however Including his Mac.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the error message.

DNS is a service that converts website URLs to IP addresses.  No DNS means that your connected devices do not have a (convenient) way to speak with the internet or other local network resources.

A DNS is normally provided automatically from the router via the service provider.  This DNS information is provided to the connected clients when they establish a connection with the router.  Thus, no DNS usually means that the client/device is not actually connected to the router.

Double check your WiFi credentials on the Jetpack and the saved profile you created for it on the PS4.  Remove the profile on the PS4 and reconnect to the Jetpack again.  Confirm any errors that occur during the connection.

If still not working then try disabling the WiFi password on your jetpack temporarily to confirm your PS4 is able to complete a simple WiFi connection.  If this works then you know there is some kind WiFi password or security issue going on.  If so you can always reset the Jetpack to the defaults and try connecting with that password instead of your current one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONCOL4, we do want you to be able to use your Jetpack with everything. Hearing that you do not have an issue with other devices would point to the problem being with Settings or capabilities of the PS4. You stated that sometimes your husband's Mac has trouble connecting. What error does it give his Mac? What do you do to get it to work?

Steven_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello John! We are really sorry to read that you are still having issues connecting the Jetpack to your PS4. Rest assured we won't rest until we find a solution for you. We are going to ask a few questions to find the best solution for this problem. Are you able to connect other devices to your Jetpack? When did this issue started?

Abraham_VZW

0 Likes