Could anyone tell me what a jetpack does?
KATIE11031997

could anyone tell me what a jetpack does?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon jetpack 4g
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpack is a buzzword developed my Verizon that describes a dedicated mobile hotspot device.  Jetpacks include many brand names and manufacturers such as Novatel MiFis.

You may have heard of mobile hotspot as a feature of smart phones.  Instead of powering a mobile hotspot from your phone the Jetpack is an all in one Wireless adapter and home router all in one battery powered device.  This eliminates the voice services that Verizon offers but allows the Jetpack to access the data services (and text receive but not send on some models).

Jetpacks are great for folks who need quick and temporary access on the go, especially for multiple devices.  Travelers tend to get the most benefit out of Jetpacks.  Power up, surf for a while, power it down and hit the road is the ideal scenario for a Jetpack.  Otherwise for 24x7 connections like you would use at home VZW has better options to offer that normally perform better than Jetpacks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpack is a buzzword developed my Verizon that describes a dedicated mobile hotspot device.  Jetpacks include many brand names and manufacturers such as Novatel MiFis.

You may have heard of mobile hotspot as a feature of smart phones.  Instead of powering a mobile hotspot from your phone the Jetpack is an all in one Wireless adapter and home router all in one battery powered device.  This eliminates the voice services that Verizon offers but allows the Jetpack to access the data services (and text receive but not send on some models).

Jetpacks are great for folks who need quick and temporary access on the go, especially for multiple devices.  Travelers tend to get the most benefit out of Jetpacks.  Power up, surf for a while, power it down and hit the road is the ideal scenario for a Jetpack.  Otherwise for 24x7 connections like you would use at home VZW has better options to offer that normally perform better than Jetpacks.

0 Likes
KATIE11031997

thank you for the information

0 Likes