Data Usage
grinnersmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I go to load a web page it can take 10-20 minutes. I use a Hotspot. I am wondering if this will use my data quicker, you know waiting for pages to load?

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grinnersmom,

That's a long time to load a page. We want to make sure you're getting better service than that. The page that is being loaded is the same size no matter how long it takes so unless the loading stops and has to start over the amount of data should be the same no matter how long it takes. I'm still concerned it is taking so long though. When did that start? Do others have the same trouble there?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

grinnersmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its been slow for as long as I have owned a hotspot. But the last 4-6 months it has been horribly slow. My daughter has the same trouble when she is home. Also, and I just remembered this, when I have my hotspot on it will come up as 3G or 4g depending on the day. Don't know if this has anything to do with or not. I hope we can figure this out too.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Data usage is not directly tied to the length in time it takes to download that particular content.  If it takes longer to download 20 MB then its still only 20 MB when it finishes.  However, people tend to observe that they use less data with slower connections purely based on convenience.  Its easier to surf around with a fast connection versus a slow one which is why you may observe higher data usage when the speeds are higher.

A web page taking 10 minutes or longer to load is the real problem here.  Confirm your Verizon Device and if you are on an unlimited plan or not. We can suggest resets and other quick steps to try and improve performance from there.

0 Likes
grinnersmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi6620L : that is the device I have for my internet and I do not have unlimited data for it or the 2 cell phones that are on the same plan.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the confirmation.  This is not normal behavior for a Jetpack or a device that is connected over 4G LTE.  Your Jetpack is showing the icon for 4GLTE when its connected right?  If so then there may be something temporary that you can clear with a reset.  Otherwise the problem may be hardware related and require warranty support to resolve.

Lets start with the various resets:

1. Power Cycle the Jetpack and try again

2. Power down, remove SIM, sit for 60 seconds, reassemble and try again

3. Power up, remove back cover, press the RESET button with a paper clip for 15-30 seconds, reassemble and test

If the problem persists after these resets then consider contacting VZW for warranty support.  Go to speedtest.net and run a few tests to collect information on how slow the connection is.  Reference those numbers and the connection speed indicated on your Jetpack when you call it in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely too long to be dealing with this issue grinnersmom. We want to be sure to speed your data service up. John provided some great suggestions. Were you able to check to see what data speeds you are getting http://bit.ly/1ZDHbAp ? What is the zip code where you are having trouble?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grinnersmom, Let's continue on the path towards faster data. What is your zip code? You said that your daughter also has issues there, does she have Verizon Wireless? Do the other 2 cellphones on the account have slow data at this location? Does their speed improve outside?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ginnersmom,

We want you to have the best experience possible with your Hotspot device. Let's continue to work together. What devices (tablets ,computer, etc...) do you currently have connected to your device? Have you tried placing the mobile hotspot in a different area in an attempt to receive better speeds?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
grinnersmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

my zip code is 66710. the jetpack and the 2 cellphones are at this zip code. yes they are just as slow. there is only one good spot in our house where we can get a signal for cell phones or jet pack.

0 Likes