Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,943 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Data usage not available on MIFi6620L
merjacobs

For the last few days I can no longer view data usage on the MiFi 6620L JetPack screen?

I have pushed the JetPack Reset button but did not help.

0 Likes
Re: Data usage not available on MIFi6620L
IRETAY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this problem, too. At the end of my billing cycle last month, it stopped showing my usage - and in fact went to 0 GB a day early - on my very last day of a 10 GB plan, it said I had used 0 GB! When the next billing cycle started - it showed 0 GB usage again, and now for the last 3 or 4 days, it is just saying that usage is not available.

I have not tried resetting the device, but if that didn't work, then there is something else happening, it seems.

When I had the issue at the end of my billing cycle last month, it also showed 0 usage on the website. When I called, the person I spoke with finally realized that there was some "glitch" - but since the jetpack and the website both were wrong - it seemed like a system issue to me.

I have now had to rely on the website to check my usage each day - and I am wondering how accurate that really is. I had been told by one Verizon rep a while back that Verizon was trying to phase out jetpacks and have everyone use cell phones instead - which I don't want to do.

Anyone else with this issue? Very annoying and I wonder how accurate it all is.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to deliver you the best possible service, Merjacobs. I looked into the “Usage is not available at this time” message you’ve experienced.

I've confirmed our best and brightest on Verizon Wireless’ I.T. staff are working towards a long term solution to get the data usage to come back. Until then, I’m sorry that customers will have to log onto their account on My Verizon for data usage.

Do you have a My Verizon account, Merjacobs? If not, one can be set up here: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/reg/start?next_e=

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IRETAY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So DavidH, what you are saying is that Verizon knows this is a problem and is working to fix it? Or you are just working to fix merjacobs problem and not mine??

I also wanted to note that when I received my bill for the billing cycle I described above - it was completely wrong! It only seemed to tally some of the usage - it was well under my limit, but I know it was not correct. Makes me concerned that there really is no way to accurately keep track of usage.

Please reply DavidH and give more information about what the " best and brightest on Verizon Wireless’ I.T. staff" are doing about this issue? And when we can expect a fix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, IRETAY2. Our IT team is working on a fix for all the devices of this type that are being affected by this, and it will be included in a future software update.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
RIVERTIME49

I start getting "Data Usage is not available" about 2 weeks ago.  Nothing to do with my billing cycle.  Device is MiFi 6620L.

Please help.

0 Likes
IRETAY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So when will a fix be available? Will we be notified about it when it is?

Not being able to be sure usage is accurate is a big issue and should be fixed quickly!

0 Likes
IRETAY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

And just to add - so to get this issue fixed eventually - we will need to use more of our data to download a software update to fix a problem that Verizon has?? Seems we should get that update for free - or get a credit for the usage - or a credit for the inconvenience of not having the usage meter working in the first place.

Most of us who have a jetpack watch our usage carefully since it is expensive - and really don't want to end up paying extra for a fix that should be done automatically by Verizon.

WA4NUF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope this isn`t an indication of Verizon dropping support on the Mifi6620L

0 Likes
IRETAY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd certainly hope not! Mine is not 2 years old yet and still under contract!

Hope we get an answer here soon - or some kind of update about the usage issue.