How does the Jetpack work?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the Jetpack use cellular data?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks connect to the VZW network and consume cellular data when anything on the internet is requested.  Jetpacks do not consume internet when there is traffic between locally connected devices.

For example navigating to a website through a web browser will consume cellular data.  Sending a print job to a network connected printer would not.

We can give you more details on how the Jetpacks work if you provide us with more context for your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It communicates to the internet using your cellular data, and then shares that by sending a wifi signal to your devices that connect to the jet pack. 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Jetpacks connect to the VZW network and consume cellular data when anything on the internet is requested.  Jetpacks do not consume internet when there is traffic between locally connected devices.

For example navigating to a website through a web browser will consume cellular data.  Sending a print job to a network connected printer would not.

We can give you more details on how the Jetpacks work if you provide us with more context for your question.

0 Likes
i2haveflair

I'm using the Jetpack to provide internet access through my head unit in my vehicle. Since the Jetpack has to be manually powered on/off. Is it consuming data off my plan when the vehicle is off and not in use?...or only when the radio head unit is using data to run apps?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes