Does wifi count against jetpack or an individual device?
CEW3523

If I use my Jetpack as the WiFi for internet access for my iPhone and iPad, will the data usage count against the Jetpack or the individual iPhone and iPad? I am being told by Verizon that I should switch to unlimited data to avoid the $15 per GB overage charge.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Does wifi count against jetpack or an individual device?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It counts on the Jetpack's line for data usage. If the Jetpack and the iPhone and iPad are on the same account and share the same data plan  you shouldn't be connecting the iPhone or the iPad to the Jetpack.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You will be billed for all internet access that goes through the VZW device.

You will not be billed for local only network communication that does not go through Verizon.

If you are connecting devices to your Jetpack and those devices are requesting internet access then you should assume those devices are using the Jetpacks data plan.  Most devices will choose to use WiFi over Cellular if they have access to both.

The Jetpack can be used as a local WiFi home router only.  However, you need to temporarily disconnect or terminate the service first.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CEW3523

Great question and Ann154 provided some helpful information. When you are using a jetpack as a WiFi source all the data usage done by devices connected to that jetpack will show as jetpack usage. Was there something going on that is bringing up this concern? Are the devices that are connecting to the jetpack part of a share plan and have access to data already?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes