Dynamic Ip Range is changed
danyal231

My Dynamic ip range is changed i was getting 70.0.0.0 this ip range from verizon when i buy mifi 5510 now from last 2 days my ip range is changed to 174.0.0.0 i want to go back on 70.0.0.0 can someone please help me

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dynamic Ip Range is changed
Weth
Legend

That is why Verizon has the static IP for $500 - for people that must have an IP that doesn't change, especially if their ability to get paid depends on it.

Your choices are either the static IP so you don't have this happen to you again (and it will) or get a dynamic DNS service like above so that you can have a static name that the service will always point to the dynamic DNS IP address.

The way you were doing it was a ticking time bomb, and frankly you are lucky it lasted as long as it did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Since you have, like most, dynamic ip, you only will get the ip the system gives you. If you want a satic IP number, you will need to contact Verizon business services and pay a $500 setup fee.

Static IP

danyal231

i am happy with dynamic ips i dont want the static one but i want to go back to previous ones i think its possible maybe someone can help me

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

They can't. That is what dynamic is. You get assigned whatever the DNS server gives you from an available pool. If you never want the IP or the IP range to change, you must buy the static IP.

0 Likes
danyal231

can i put desired DNS in device ?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No. It either will not work (most likely) or you will create havoc with networking. Those IP are being assigned somewhere else and there cannot be two of the same IP address anywhere on the same network.

Why is the range so important to you? Are you familiar with EasyDNS or DynDNS? These can allow the Internet to point to the proper machine no matter what the dynamic IP changes to.

0 Likes
danyal231

Bro I am actually posting for peoples on craigslist and its only my to earn money for living last ip range which I am talking about is good for me I was happy and my ads were live through all the states but from last 2 days I am low in ads live ratio this is the problem

no I don't know how to use EasyDNS and DynDNS but I have seen ads from DynDNS

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That is why Verizon has the static IP for $500 - for people that must have an IP that doesn't change, especially if their ability to get paid depends on it.

Your choices are either the static IP so you don't have this happen to you again (and it will) or get a dynamic DNS service like above so that you can have a static name that the service will always point to the dynamic DNS IP address.

The way you were doing it was a ticking time bomb, and frankly you are lucky it lasted as long as it did.

0 Likes
danyal231

I live in DC and I have a seller from CA he is selling me the same service which I have my place but his device is working fine giving same address and bro with static ip will remain same or change when I restarts the device

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is no guarantee it will stay the same, especially if you change geographic locations.

0 Likes