ELLIPSIS MHS800L
okjksr

why does my ellipsis jetpack constantly disconnect...wait a few minutes, then reconnect?? very frustrating already had the first one replaced, tech guy at the store was of no help whatsoever, now i'm stuck with this piece of garbage... i should never have cancelled my DSL! i've moved it to every level of the house, in every window, usually starts with3-4 bars and then immediately degenerates to none and no connection. sad thing is i had to sign a 2 yr agreement for something that doesn't even work!

0 Likes
Re: ELLIPSIS MHS800L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

okjksr,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that your Jetpack is disconnecting. It's important that you always have a stable connection and I'll be happy to get the bottom of this for you. Does this only happen when you're at home or everywhere else? Do you have a smartphone too? If so, are you experiencing the same issues with your data connection on your cellular device? Can you tell e if you've noticed this only happens indoors? 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You will need to explore your environment and see if it is reception related to your home, neighborhood or the towers in that area.

Bring the Jetpack on the road for a trip and try it out somewhere else.  Compare the results.  If the problem follows you around to the next town then it may be somethign with the Jetpack.  If not then you know it has something to do with the reception near your home.

0 Likes
ghgghhjjjkkkopouytrtr

I'm having the same problem! Did you ever reach a solution?? I would appreciate any guidance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that you are experiencing service issues with your Ellipsis device, ghgghhjjjkkkopouytrtr. Our goal it assist you as much as possible and to improve your wireless service experience.

You mention that you are experiencing the same problem, but we must clarify the issues that each valued customer is experiencing to ensure that we troubleshoot correctly. What specific service issues are you experiencing?
When did these issues start?
Do you experience service issues in a specific place (home, office, school, etc.)?

In the meantime, please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ellipsis-jetpack-mhs800l-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MHS8...) and follow the troubleshooting instructions provided by the troubleshooting assistant tool, please.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
JatPeck

It appears that I have the same issue as the above two users.

The issue is NOT related to signal strength. It happens even when the JetPack is under good signal coverage (3 to 5 bars).

The issue seems to only occur under certain amount of bandwidth utilization such as browing cnn.com, but not when browing text only pages such as Wikipedia.

Once the issue occurs, the blue light right next to the front display will come on momentarily, and my tablet will lose WiFi connection for a minute or so.

It seems that the JetPack is rebooting internally during this interim.

The firmware version is 3.3.3.0-25569, which is the latest after doing "Check for update“.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your services are working properly is important to us, JatPeck. We're here to assist. Unlike routers/modems, jetpack devices are not meant to be an always on internet connection (so data sessions reset after so many hours for usage reporting purposes), can you advise how long is your jetpack on before this occurs? You can also be subjected to throttling with jetpack devices but only if your jetpack allowance has been met. Can you advise if you notice this occurring only after having used so much data under your plan?

-Ebony

0 Likes
JatPeck

Greetings, Ebony! Appreciate your prompt response.

This occurs all the time, even right after a power cycle.

It is also not related to data cap. I almost never exceed that.

The symptom is reproduceable 100%. If a video session is possible, I can show you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this issue to be resolved as soon as possible, JatPeck. Please reset the connection of the device to the network and test for a few hours. You can do this if you power the device off, remove the SIM card (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-154794/) for 2 full minutes, insert the SIM card and then power it on. Keep us posted. -Antonio

0 Likes
JatPeck

Thanks Antonio for your suggestion.

I powered down the device, removed the SIM card, waited 3 minutes just to be sure, re-inserted the SIM, and powered it up.

The symptom is still there.

By the way, after I used Youtube to "crash" the JetPack, its display screen went completely blank and it did not respond to my pressing of the power button to power cycle. After a minute or two, the little blue light to the right of the screen came back. It appeared to be a reboot cycle triggered internally.

0 Likes