Ellipsis Jet Pack failure
01SKIPRO

I have a Ellipsis Jet Pack 1242 that would connect with my Epson printer, Acer Laptop and I Pad. For the last few weeks when I turn it on it will connect to the laptop but my laptop says "secure, no internet service" and it will not connect with the other 2 items. If I run the trouble shooter, it states "DNS Server not responding". I have called Verizon tech support and "WE" have removed the sim card, reset the Jet Pact, turned on and off the computer and JP too many times to count, have had the tech say that they have reset the JP etc. Today, I messaged Lisa thru the Verizon web site and she reset the JP, LO and Behold everything started working again. Greart right, WRONG, after turning everything off, I turned on the JP and the laptop. Guess what? It connected and had no internet again. Test report said DNS not responding again. What can be done besides just use IPhone as the network, which is how I'm doing this now.  Some one help or I may have to switch providers. This is costing me money to have something that does't work.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jet Pack failure
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> For the last few weeks when I turn it on it will connect to the laptop but my laptop says "secure, no internet service"

That is Windows own internet connectivity tester.  You can verify for yourself when you receive this message by manually navigating to a website like google.com.  If Google.com works then you can safely ignore this status message.  This status message also appears if you happen to have a VPN connection that interferes with the normal connection between you and Verizon.  Any VPN clients would need to retest connectivity after the VPN connection is made, but Windows doesn't always play well with the VPN clients in my experience.

> "DNS Server not responding".

That means that Windows is not able to look up  www.msftncsi.com. More info on that process here: The Network Connection Status Icon | Networking Blog .  This should not be confused with having no data connection without additional manual testing as I described above.

> . What can be done besides just use IPhone as the network, which is how I'm doing this now.

In order of ease:

- Remove the wireless profile you created on your laptop for the Jetpack.

- Uninstall and reinstall the wireless adapter on the laptop

- Test the Jetpack from a different device to isolate problems to the laptop or not

- Reload windows on the laptop

0 Likes
01SKIPRO

Thanks I'll give it a try and let you know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

01SKIPRO, having a reliable device that you can connect to and stay online with is important in today’s world. It sounds like you’ve certainly put in a lot of effort to get this matter resolved so far and the last thing that we would want to happen is to see you leave our Verizon family over this. We’re here to help. We’ve just sent you a private message to your inbox. Please check your inbox and respond at your earliest convenience.

Samantha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes