Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L firmware update slows unit by 60%
msmr3inc

I have several MHS800L Jetpacks, one primary, two for backup.  I noticed after I applied the latest firmware update, 3.3.3.0-25569, a couple months ago, it seemed to slow the Jetpack down significantly.  So I ran an experiment, I used my Jetpack to connect to the internet, ran several speed tests, then ran the same tests while connected to the internet using my iPhone 6S.  The iPhone hotspot sharing was 300% faster.  I was getting download speeds of 35mbps in the iPhone and about 10mbps on the Jetpack.

So I put my SIM card into one of my backup MHS800L Jetpacks.  This jetpack had not done the firmware update.  I was getting about 24mbps down.  Not has good as my iPhone 6S, but much better than my main Jetpack at 10mbps.

So I then put my SIM card into my other backup MHS800L Jetpack.  Same thing, about 24mbps down.

Now, after booting my two backup MHL800L Jetpacks, they eventually automatically updated themselves to the latest firmware version of 3.3.3.0-25569

Well, you guessed it, now all three of my MHL800L Jetpacks perform equally terrible, at about 10mbps download speeds.  So it would appear that the Verizon Firmware Update 3.3.3.0-25569 is causing this severe slowdown. 

Anyone else notice this????

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack MHS800L firmware update slows unit by 60%
MICGAS39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Depending on devise it may not be compatible.

My elippse isn't compatible with my new chromecast' find out the ghz

0 Likes