Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L
GMW37

We changed plans to unlimited  & switched from home fusion  to jet pack.  It worked good for a couple of weeks but now it is slow and keeps dropping the connection.

The display to check usage has stopped working. I borrowed a 3g hot spot from Sprint from our library. It is a shame that it worked better than my current service with Verizon. Verizon's 3g is unusable and we cannot even check email.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Is the problem that you are hitting the Unlimited data optimization cap or something with the service in general?  Anything on an Unlimited plan will be optimized at a certain limit down to 3G speeds.  If you can use a 3G connection in your location or not depends on the specific scenario.

The alternative to an unlimited plan is to go back to the old metered plans with overage fees.  Users need to carefully evaluate if one plan or another is a good deal for them before signing up for the service.

About all you can do that the community can help you with is to evaluate if the device itself is performing correctly or not.  To do that wait for your data plan to reset and then travel to a different area.  Test a few network apps and see if everything behaves according to your expectations or not.  If not then we can try resets or contacting Verizon for support and replacement options should anything be damaged and covered under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GMW37! What John Getzke mentioned is true. With the new Unlimited Plans, we allow a 4G connection over hotspot up until 15GB of data has been utilized. Once 15GB has been reached, the connection speed will be lowered to experience up to 600Kbps speeds as outlined here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/.

Concerning speeds, we would need to wait for your current cycle to roll over before we can properly troubleshoot with you. I would recommend following the steps outlined by John. If you continue to experience issues with your device after a new cycle begins, even after performing the steps provided by John, let us know here and we can better troubleshoot this concern for you.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes