Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,882 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Excessive data usage (supposedly) on MIFI
DELSTE92
Enthusiast - Level 1

why does my MIFI device use so much data and even when turned off, i dont stream any video and is used for simple web searches and running outlook. Happens every month and verizon has no answer / last month email stated out of data 5 days into cycle and when i downloaded the data usage spreadsheet it showed less than 6g total. Verizon customer service rep also added it up to 6.1g. While on the 30 minute phone call to verizon   15.9 gigs mysteriously showed up adding up to EXACTLY 22g.

can NOT get an answer. This is one device that only i use.  The family plan is same “unlimited“ with 7 devices used by 2 teens and mom and that plan has NEVER gone over in 4 years.  (BUT THEY ARE NOT ON A MIFI JUST USING CELLULAR)

now i see i am not alone. 

Today it states i used 12% of data on Navigation.  It’s a MIFI on a shelf / Stationary

should I get new device????

Re: Excessive data usage (supposedly) on MIFI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DELSTE92, we agree - using 15.9 GBs in less than 30 minutes, even with a slight delay in reporting, is pretty hard to do, even if all three of you were streaming a video! Have you considered changing your Mi-Fi Password, just in case it's fallen into the wrong hands?

0 Likes