False "WIFI" claims,promise, and screen statement on Verizon ph
Jayhawk1950

WIFI "Jetpack" I was sold by VERIZON is NOT FREE DATA usage....simply a pretense to use Verizon Plan data

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: False "WIFI" claims,promise, and screen statement on Verizon ph
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is no "free" wifi/data usage by any carrier. The device allows you to use your data plan towards a wifi hotspot with the device but there's no device that allows you to get free data/wifi. Not sure where the misunderstanding came from but it's not a false or misleading claim.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Mifi? Never heard of a wifi jet pack.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is no "free" wifi/data usage by any carrier. The device allows you to use your data plan towards a wifi hotspot with the device but there's no device that allows you to get free data/wifi. Not sure where the misunderstanding came from but it's not a false or misleading claim.

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

The store manager directly replied to my question "if I buy the "Jetpack" "WIFI device that Verizon sells as "Mifi", will the data I utilize with the Jetpack be FREE?"   She replied "Yes,FREE"

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

The "Jetpack" (a proprietary name) when my Gal 5S Samsung connects to it. Prints an onscreen notice "connected to WIFI NETWORK"  but it simply reroute or diverts to the VERIZON PLAN in order to charge data usage...exactly as if I was simply using Mobile phone to connect to internet.  I don't benefit...ONLY VERIZON BENEFITS $$$$$$$$$$$$

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I apologize that there was a miscommunication from the person you spoke to. I presume there is an understanding now of what the device is used for? if you are with in your 14 day return window and unsatisfied with the features and services that are provided by the Jet Pack then you do have the option to return the device.

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

Misunderstanding is completely different than misrepresentation & deception to make profit

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

agreed. I was not there I can not speak on behalf of understanding or representation or even positioning as some sales people have a tendency to do. this I do know beyond anything. if your not happy go back to the store and speak to the person who sold it to you. explain the issue and if you don't want the jet pack ask for your 14 day window refund.

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

Misrepresentation & deception is completely different than

"misunderstanding"

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015, 8:15 PM ChiefPopeye <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

Businesses like Barbes&Noble advertise FREE WIFI. ????

0 Likes