Re: False "WIFI" claims,promise, and screen statement on Verizon ph
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It has been explained to you how to tell who works for Verizon so I can verify that I do not work for them. We are fellow customers responding to your post. For the most part the responses you get will be from other customers.

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

I received no such explanation re who works for whom....only unsupported

claims by unverified participants....."for the most part" is like claims of

virginity

0 Likes
Re: False "WIFI" claims,promise,  and screen statement on Verizon ph
Weth
Legend

Well, if you want verified claims, the little SS in the bottom right of some user icons is given by Verizon to participants that consistently give good supported answers and advice and basically know what they are talking about.  See mama23dogs kaebfly and yours truly. 

I Find it funny you won't believe us, but thought Verizon would give Internet for free. 

0 Likes
Jayhawk1950

The icon displayed on my screen for all three of U does not include ss. U

make assumptions & conclusions based on ya'alls willingness to believe that

the manager & her sales assistant were truthful. ?????

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer to peer forum. As always explained to you Verizon employees that post on here screen names will include VZW in it. Hence "for the most part"...because most people that respond will not be employees. I did not make any assumptions about what you were told. I pointed out a truth. No carrier gives you a device that will give you free data/wifi. It will either have its own data plan or it will use your existing data plan. I never spoke on what you may have been told but if you were told that you would get free data then you were told incorrect info. It doesn't help you at all to get upset with those of us just letting you know what the truth is. We didn't give you the incorrect info and we aren't the ones that don't understand how data isn't going to be given to you for free.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Truly believe they were answering a question that was misunderstood or poorly phrased.  If you asked is wifi free, the truthful answer is yes. Your belief that Verizon would offer their main service for unlimited and free Internet everywhere doesn't pass the sniff test.

The SS is in the red banner at bottom of each users icon picture.   It's there, you can see it. The SS is small though.

Anyway, now that you know the whole idea was a no go from the start, your choices are to return the device within 14 days, keep paying $10/m for 24 months, or pay the $175 termination fee if you are after 14 days. 

mama23dogs
Legend

Jayhawk1950 wrote:

Anyone's device gets free WIFI data usage at Starbuck's, Barnes&Noble, even

my neighborhood sports bar&grill. Regardless of their brand of device or

cell phone/mobile device type....tablet phone or laptop!

IT isn't free for Starbucks or Barnes & Noble.  They pay a service provider to provide wifi for customers.

I Pay Cox cable for home wifi.

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would say at this rate, Jayhawk1950, if you feel you were lied to then you need to confront the person who you feel lied to you. everyone on this forum including members who have a well established status are telling you that VZW does not offer free wifi through your new Jet Pack. I am sorry that this comes as a shock.