Free 15 gb
oldfoggy

Is the free 15 gb of data an automatic thing? I was told this was meant for everyone, but it's not showing on my latest bill for usage in April. I've got a 5gb plan and went over by 2gb and am being charged $10 per gb over the 5gb. I knew there would be a charge for this and always try to stay at 5 gb or under per month. But with the free data Verizon is giving customers, I thought my current bill would have reflected this, but it does not. Has anyone got an answer on how to rectify this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Free 15 gb
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your questions, and we're here to offer clarification and insight. With regard to this offer, it was applied automatically for all eligible customers. A text message was also sent to said customers, notifying them of the offer. Did you receive this message? If so, the bonus data won't show up in your My Verizon data allowance, though it's available. MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
oldfoggy

I don't have a mobile account with verizon, so no, I didn't receive any text. Is this offer only for mobile accounts? I have Verizon wireless through my Jetpack. The only device connected to this account that would use data is my laptop. My plan gives me data up to 5gb. Anything over the 5 gb, I end up paying for it. All I'm asking is if the free 15gb applies to my plan, and if so, how do I access the free data? The Verizon rep i chatted with last week, told me that everyone would receive this free data, but so far I haven't seen where it applies to my plan so far. Please advise further. Thanks.

Paul

0 Likes
HappyCamper707
Enthusiast - Level 3

--------------------------------------

My Verizon Wireless Jetpak  Hotspot  prepaid account did receive the 15 GB ..... good till end of May 2020.

Thanks Verizon, that helps plenty even with my normal weak 3G signal .

I believe you had to to VZW customer for at least a year to  qualify  for this free Data hand-out.

----------------------------------------

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

oldfoggy, e understand the hardships that many of our customers are facing, and we’re doing our part to ensure they have broadband internet connectivity during this unprecedented time.

Here is a list of plans that are covered:

Eligible Plans include:

• More Everything
  • Verizon Plan 1.0
  • Verizon Plan 2.0
  • Verizon Plan Unlimited 
  • Go and Beyond Unlimited 1.0
  • Mix and Match Unlimited
  • Unlimited 55+ (Acquisition and Loyalty)
  • Go Unlimited Loyalty
  • Go Unlimited Welcome Back
  • Unlimited Plans
    • Additional 15 GB of 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Data per line
  • Metered Smartphone Plans
    •  Additional 15 GB of 4G LTE Shared Data (usable for smartphone or hotspot or any other connected device using the metered plan data)
  • Jetpack Plans
    • Additional 15 GB of 4G LTE Data

Consumer Prepaid

• Monthly Metered Smartphone Plans
  • Monthly Metered Jetpack and Tablet Plans
  • 15 GB Relief Bundle is for Monthly Metered Plans
    • Unlimited Plans are excluded

With this Data Relief, You: 

• Do not see this additional data (+15 GB) in your data bucket allowance but usage will show accurately (My Verizon Online, My Verizon App & #Data). 
    • Note: Your plan allowance will continue to show the current plan amount without the additional data (+15 GB) added.
  • Do not experience slow down on Mobile Hotspots and Jetpacks until you have used that incremental 15 GB of data.
  • Receive data alerts for MHS usage & Jetpack usage. Alerts are sent at 90% and 100% usage of total allotment (including an additional 15 GB).
    • Note:  The stated amount on the alert will show the your original plan amount without the added data.

So as long as you are on one of the plans above, you will get the data. For more information, please review this link:  https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-helps-eliminate-worry

You may stay connected on our efforts and updates at this link:  https://www.verizon.com/about/news/our-response-coronavirus 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes