Hard reset not working
rodrick717

Hi folks,

I just bought a Verizon Jetpack 6620L on eBay only to discover that it has a customized admin password and the seller has no idea what the password is. Normally a simple hard reset would fix something like this, but not this time. The usual paperclip solution simply restarts the jetpack -- it does not reset it to factory defaults. Anything else I should try before sending it back?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hard reset not working
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the hard reset from the reset button under the back panel does not reset the Jetpack then something is critically wrong with that Jetpack. 

Return it and get a different one.  The reset button should always reset the admin password to the default listed on the sticker after pressing and holding the reset for a few seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the hard reset from the reset button under the back panel does not reset the Jetpack then something is critically wrong with that Jetpack. 

Return it and get a different one.  The reset button should always reset the admin password to the default listed on the sticker after pressing and holding the reset for a few seconds.

0 Likes
rodrick717

I agree, John.  I'm sending it back.  Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

0 Likes