Re: Has Anyone had an Unexplained Jump in Data Usage with the JetPack?
Weth
Legend

Window 10 auto download x2.   The files are on the laptop.  Unfortunately this is data your devices used and You are responsible for it. 

0 Likes
Panman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been going back and forth with the criminals at Verizon. My bill for a 50 dollar plan went up to 230 this month. The increase has developed over the last six months. On one of the MANY threads about the exorbitant usage charges on here there is one customer that has increased to $3200! I am too old, 61, and too well off to worry about what they can do to me so I'm shutting down the checkbook and I'll wait for the lawsuits to develop and then join in. I live where not many services reach so I figured I'd go ahead and pay the 6K to trench a phone line here and get an ATT or Charter acct. I hope all of you being screwed follow suit. My company would NOT treat customers like this!!

Lynnchi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my jet pack just less than a month ago.  The Verizon marketing says their 10 GB plan is the equivalent of downloading 30 movies or viewing 136,000 web pages.  I got this plan thinking there is no way I could exceed that as I do not download movies, or do gaming, and couldn't possibly view 136,000 web pages in a month.  Sixteen days into my usage I get a text from Verizon that I have used up 75% of my gigabytes.  Today (23 days into the plan I get a note that I have used 90% of my data.  I called customer support and they thanked me for my 17 years of being a customer and I told them their marketing was fraudulent and misleading.  They tried to dismiss it as gaming and I quickly said there is no gaming.  Then they tried to say it was the tablet going through updates.  Then offered me a $10 discount.

I was also blatantly lied to when they told me their black box home kit was compatible with alarm systems.  Their own alarm tech support told my alarm company the black box land line is not really suitable with alarm systems.

Anyone considering the jet pack should think again.  Their data tracking is a rip off.  I believe it to be fraudulent  and criminal

Weth
Legend

Verizon advertising and indications of how much data is used is what is misleading and needs to be changed. 30 movies only using 10 GB is a grossly underestimated. Most movies today are HD format, and a 2 hour movie would be expected to use up 3 to 4 GB at least. That makes it more like 3 movies rather than 30. Huge difference. Same with modern web pages, but not to the same degree.

When I have looked at this, the gigabytes used is in line with what is expected, but customers are left to feel they should not be using that much based on the advertised estimates.

DALGIV10
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!  According to Verizon, I used 90% of 15GB in ONE DAY!  I do FB and email on my laptop and my wife streams an occasional soap.  I received a text message at 5:08 a.m. that I had used 10% of my 15GB and another text at 8:55 p.m. that I had reached it.  That is 90% of 15GB in 13 hrs!  With our usage habits, that simply can't be!

Does anyone know how to send a message with an attachment to the FCC?  I have a .jpg copy of both text messages and want to include it with my complaint.

Thanks!