Hotspot Battery Exploded
JNC19
Enthusiast - Level 1

My hotspot battery blew up and now the device doesnt work. I have never moved it from the spot I installed it in almost two years ago. My wifi wouldnt work and the battery is bulged out and on the floor. WE have AC on in our house, so it isnt from heat. 

Re: Hotspot Battery Exploded
bearone21
Legend

call cs about a warranty claim. 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are safe and apologize for the inconvenience, let's look into this. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
Aub2

My battery exploded last night and injured my son. He's 1 year old. I would like to talk to someone about compensation. 

0 Likes
Aub2

It also started a fire in my home 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Aub2,

The safety of you and your family is of our utmost concern. Please take the equipment immediately to the closest Verizon Wireless corporate store near you: https://www.verizon.com/stores They will be able to fully assist you with getting this documented. 

- ChristopherM_VZW 

0 Likes
Jcallicutt54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine just exploded today on my bed while not plugged up. I went to file insurance claim and asurion told me it was recalled. Verizon should have contacted me if they knew it was an issue. The battery ruined a 200 buck goose down comforter.

0 Likes
JoelPurifoy

Mine just exploded as well, what can I do, this isn't my fault and should be replaced

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First I do hope you are okay. This is very concerning and does need to be looked at in the store. Please visit our store for assistance. www.vzw.com/stores

-Amber

0 Likes