How Can I Track The Data From My Jetpack?
jonh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can the source of data that I am being billed for but not using, be determined?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My data charges are not correct
rcschnoor
Legend

It may be useful to use the following to track the data usage on your computers. I assume you have your jetpack password protected so others cannot hijack your signal?

How to track your broadband data usage on PC or Mac - CNET

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your data use is private.  The only record is on your phone, in settings, under data usage.

Snn5
Legend

What make and model device are you using?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Only you can determine the source of your data use and that can only be done by looking on your device at the apps using the data.

jonh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

First, I apologize for not identifying the device. It is a Jetpack4GMHS890L I use for my private local WiFi.

I also discovered that backups to Windows do not show on my computers Internet tracking. I know that I had two automatic downloads, one to each computer, that took a bit of time to  install. I haven't figured out where to get the size of those files yet. My local Microsoft data usage near the end of last month showed 3.409 G used for both computers. Verizon showed 15.73 G at the same time. I don't stream or run videos, so that is a pretty big discrepancy. (I pay for 5 Gb). In this day of Wells Fargo type activities I started wondering where the extra charges were coming from. I do think Verizon logs activities, but not for public use. My next step will be to call Tech Support.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It may be useful to use the following to track the data usage on your computers. I assume you have your jetpack password protected so others cannot hijack your signal?

How to track your broadband data usage on PC or Mac - CNET

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonh1-

Being able to manage your data and make sure it is all accounted correctly is definitely a must. The best way to avoid unnecessary data usage is to make sure your Jetpack is not powered on when your computer is not in use. This will help to prevent computer updates, virus software, any email updates from running in the background that may affect your data usage. You may also check on your data usage online at www.vzw.com/myverizon to check any data transfer. It will help to find any data patterns during the day that may help find the culprit on your computer.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

jonh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't use twitter. Thanks for the pointers. I would have answered sooner but I had trouble signing on to the community. I still haven't called customer support, but plan to.

0 Likes