How can one limit rate of data transmission on a jetpack?
jimtitus

I use my jetpack about 10 days a month to work from my cabin which otherwise has no internet access.  Recently our staff meetings on MS Teams have been using about 5Mb/sec, which is far more than I actually need.  My employer's IT people are adamant that they are going to keep sending us this high transmission, and unlike Facebook for example, Teams does not let you choose lower resolution.  (It was only 2Mb/sec until a few months ago when Teams only gave us pictures of the last 4 people to speak.)

What's the best way to get the jetpack (or trick the jetpack) to deliver less data?  On occasion when the internet service is poor, the data transmission declines.  I've tried moving the modem farther away but it seems to go from delivering very high rate to dropping the signal.  My impression is that there might be a guest option but it's unclear to me how that works or if it reduces the transmission rate or just sets a quota.   

Thanks

Jim

0 Likes
Re: How can one limit rate of data transmission on a jetpack?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimtitus, I want to make sure I provide you with the most accurate information. I know how important data speed is to you. Please provide more details about what you are asking. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
jimtitus

The SSID is Verizon MiFi8800L.  Beyond that, I don't understand your request for more details.   I am trying to limit the rate of data transmission to no greater than 1GB/hour, and preferably, to less than 1Mbps.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jim, I apologize for any confusion on our part. To clarify, the only way to reduce the data amount is to lower picture quality, minimize what is running in the background, or reducing what is connected to the Jetpack. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes