Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I configure my router so I can access dvr through my jetpack remotely?
JEFFRY1960

I have a DVR connected by wire to a Netgear wireless router.  I also have a Verizon Jetpack.  I need to know how I would configure the router so that I can access the DVR through the Jetpack from the internet.  I'm thinking that other people have done this and the technique may be generic.

I know I need to change the DHCP pool on the router to 192.168.1.100 to 120.  Below is a simple diagram.

NG1.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Jetpack to DVR
7e18n1

> I know I need to change the DHCP pool on the router to 192.168.1.100 to 120. Below is a simple diagram.

Two devices cannot have the same IP address. Two DHCP Servers cannot exist in the same subnet. You need to change the router's IP/subnet to something that does not conflict with the Jetpack and that should resolve the issue. I recommend changing the router's IP to 192.168.2.1, this will cause the router to use the 192.168.2.x subnet and assign devices connected to the router an IP in this subnet. 

> I need to know how I would configure the router so that I can access the DVR through the Jetpack from the internet.

Your Jetpack is behind Verizon's CGNAT and unless you have a business account with Verizon, you can't get a static IP address to bypass it. There is a theory that you can go around it with a VPN Server, but no one has posted a success story anyone can easily duplicate. Your final option is to jump ship and find a provider that will give you a static IP addresses so it can be directly addressed from the internet.

View solution in original post

7e18n1

> I know I need to change the DHCP pool on the router to 192.168.1.100 to 120. Below is a simple diagram.

Two devices cannot have the same IP address. Two DHCP Servers cannot exist in the same subnet. You need to change the router's IP/subnet to something that does not conflict with the Jetpack and that should resolve the issue. I recommend changing the router's IP to 192.168.2.1, this will cause the router to use the 192.168.2.x subnet and assign devices connected to the router an IP in this subnet. 

> I need to know how I would configure the router so that I can access the DVR through the Jetpack from the internet.

Your Jetpack is behind Verizon's CGNAT and unless you have a business account with Verizon, you can't get a static IP address to bypass it. There is a theory that you can go around it with a VPN Server, but no one has posted a success story anyone can easily duplicate. Your final option is to jump ship and find a provider that will give you a static IP addresses so it can be directly addressed from the internet.

JEFFRY1960

I knew there was an expert on this subject out here somewhere.  Thanks bunches Smiley Happy