Improve download speed of MiFi 6620L?
mtroast
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased a Jetpack MiFi 6620L.  I used speedtest.net to check the download speed and it's only 1.89 Mbps.  I need to significantly increase the download speed. What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: Improve download speed of MiFi 6620L?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Try the various resets offered for your jetpack:

1. Reboot

2. Reseat the SIM card

3. Restore Defaults from the button under the back cover

Its also important to know how you are speed testing when asking about performance problems.  Speedtest.net does not account for VPN connections and you should be choosing a server that is geographically close to your current location.  If you have a VPN then disengage it while testing.  You can also test from a 2nd machine to confirm the problem is not related to the first machine only.

Any persistent performance problems after the resets is usually a service problem or a hardware failure.  Contact VZW directly for assistance with both.

0 Likes
Re: Improve download speed of MiFi 6620L?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtroast, we want to speed things up for you on that device. What operating system are you using? Are you using Android, Apple iOS, Macintosh or Windows?

Have you tried soft resetting that device by briefly powering it off/on?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes