Inseego M2100 5G UW hot spot works on 5G but not 5G-UW
wirelessandy

I live in a 5G UW area. 

iPhone 13 Pro and iPad 12.9 Pro BOTH show 5G UW. Download speeds reflect this.

Inseego M2100 5G UW hot spot will NOT pick up or show the "UW". Plain 'ol 5G only. Download speeds also reflect this. I've never dropped the unit. Plastic still on the front. Yes, I've reset to default, updated firmware (4C), driven around town to see if it makes a difference. My account IS set up for the Ultrawide service. Yes there is a 5G SIM card inserted- and I've removed it, blew on it and re-inserted it back in like a Nintendo cartridge. As you can see I thought of everything.

First call got me to Level 2 tech support. Went through all the troubleshooting steps again. That call was promptly dropped. 😖

Second call lasted 3-1/2 hours of a mix of silence and elevator music. Level 2 tech could not resolve. Said "Level 3" would call me. This has not happened.

What the FRUIT is going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Inseego M2100 5G UW hot spot works on 5G but not 5G-UW
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry to see you in this situation. We value your time and want to assist you effectively. When did the issue start (did it ever work)? Aside from the firmware update, any other changes? Aside from the 5G UW dilemma, any other problems?  ~Gilbert

0 Likes
wirelessandy

It works for LTE and 5G. Since the recent activation of the midband (UW), I thought I'd best check to see if the M2100 would ALSO work properly. My iPhone and iPad receive the tiny UW logo (and speed!) just fine.

Do I need to peel the protective plastic wrap on the front of the M2100? Do I need to say "Beetlejuice" three times? I'm at an end here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the honest feedback. Before you do any special tricks to get it up and running, go ahead and send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
wirelessandy

PM sent.

BEETLEJUICE! BEELTJUICE! BEETLEJUICE!

dang it!

0 Likes
wirelessandy

To anybody possibly following along with the same issue.

I was told by network engineers that the location I'm in is too far for UW midband, even though I receive just fine with an iPhone and iPad, both lit up with the tiny "UW" icon, sipping the sweet nectar of faster internet.

Yes, I've driven around town. Not once did this Hotspot pick up midband UW. Yet somehow, it is what it is.

I wonder if I'll do better at an AT&T or T-Mobile Store. BEETLEJUICE! BEELTJUICE! BEETLEJUICE!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. Please allow us a moment and we will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays in receiving a return message. 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure our service works as expected for 5G UW! May I ask to confirm your city and state so that we may confirm coverage in our coverage map? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes