Internet
youngblt

Can I use this to replace my satellite home internet?

0 Likes
Re: Internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

youngblt, I understand your concern when it comes to using the Jetpack as a replacement to your satellite home internet. I am here to assist. The Jetpack is a more on the go internet option. To figure out if this is a good replacement for you we will need to dig a little deeper. How are you planning to use your device? I have included a link on where you can find more information the Jetpacks we carry. Let me know what you think. https://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

We do not normally recommend Jetpacks as the device for primary home internet usage.  Verizon has devices that are better suited for that task.  

If home internet replacement is the goal then look into the 4G LTE Home Routers, USB+Modem combinations or the Verizon 4G LTE Internet Installed package.  Any of these options will be more appropriate for the 24x7 demands of a home internet connection.

Jetpacks and mobile hotspots are best utilized as a temporary internet connection.  Reboots and resets are a frequent requirment for prolonged usage.  You will be much happier with a different device in your home.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@John_Getzke wrote:

We do not normally recommend Jetpacks as the device for primary home internet usage.  Verizon has devices that are better suited for that task.  

If home internet replacement is the goal then look into the 4G LTE Home Routers, USB+Modem combinations or the Verizon 4G LTE Internet Installed package.  Any of these options will be more appropriate for the 24x7 demands of a home internet connection.

Jetpacks and mobile hotspots are best utilized as a temporary internet connection.  Reboots and resets are a frequent requirment for prolonged usage.  You will be much happier with a different device in your home.

Are they going to be able to use the prepaid unlimtied plan for jetpacks with one of the devices you are suggesting? Or are you just trying to upsell a $150 40 GB plan?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@youngblt wrote:

Can I use this to replace my satellite home internet?

The prepaid unlimtied plan MIGHT. It's subject to deprioritization any time there is congestion so if you area has frequent congestion your speeds will be less than optimal. Also video is limited to 720p.

Sadly people in areas where satelite is the only choice you have a few years before anything better will come along. You might want to see if at&t fixed wireless is in your area.

0 Likes