Jet pack usage?
awa336

Is the usage report by hours? I don't understand since the mifi is off but report says it used data? Is the time correct?

Thank you,

Ann

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jet pack usage?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Is the usage report by hours?

The data usage reports from the Jetpack are organized by data sessions.  The timestamp that you see for each data session marks the end of a given session.  That means the data reported for that session is everything up to that point in time, where VZW felt a given session ended.  Sessions are a reflection of your Jetpacks connection to the VZW network and not the individual devices that are connected to it at the time.

> I don't understand since the mifi is off but report says it used data?

Jetpacks cannot consume data when they are powered off.  However there may be another explanation such as delayed billing from local roaming tower partners with VZW.  When roaming is involved VZW will receive data at various times.  The timestamps then reflect when VZW received the data session information, not the actual usage time as it would from a VZW owned tower.

I would advise continuing to power down your Jetpack when it is not in use.  Continue to observe any patterns between the timestamps and when the device is powered down.  If you are not moving around and are not in roaming or extended service then contact VZW for clarification. Data accumulating while the device is powered off is a red flag for a billing problem that VZW can fix.

>  Is the time correct?

You would have to compare the local time of the Jetpack to your current time zone.  Its possible your Jetpack is off by an hour or two depending on where it thinks it is and you are currently located.  Powering the device on and off and reviewing the logs should give you confirmation how accurate the time stamps are as each reboot should process a new batch of logs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you awa336. We ant you to know what's going on. Data management is very important. It can take up to 72 hours for usage to be gathered on our network. This means that as soon as we have it, a message is sent if needed. Please note, this doesn't mean that the usage just occurred rather, when it was available for reporting. I hope this clears the air.

BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Is the usage report by hours?

The data usage reports from the Jetpack are organized by data sessions.  The timestamp that you see for each data session marks the end of a given session.  That means the data reported for that session is everything up to that point in time, where VZW felt a given session ended.  Sessions are a reflection of your Jetpacks connection to the VZW network and not the individual devices that are connected to it at the time.

> I don't understand since the mifi is off but report says it used data?

Jetpacks cannot consume data when they are powered off.  However there may be another explanation such as delayed billing from local roaming tower partners with VZW.  When roaming is involved VZW will receive data at various times.  The timestamps then reflect when VZW received the data session information, not the actual usage time as it would from a VZW owned tower.

I would advise continuing to power down your Jetpack when it is not in use.  Continue to observe any patterns between the timestamps and when the device is powered down.  If you are not moving around and are not in roaming or extended service then contact VZW for clarification. Data accumulating while the device is powered off is a red flag for a billing problem that VZW can fix.

>  Is the time correct?

You would have to compare the local time of the Jetpack to your current time zone.  Its possible your Jetpack is off by an hour or two depending on where it thinks it is and you are currently located.  Powering the device on and off and reviewing the logs should give you confirmation how accurate the time stamps are as each reboot should process a new batch of logs.

0 Likes